A visit to an ophthalmologist may be stressful for some people, particularly children. Oftentimes, one would forget to take relevant documents with them such as previous medical records as well as forget the entirety of instructions provided during the visit. To make the most out of your eye exam at the Fillmore Eye Clinic, continue reading for some helpful tips.
1. Consider the type of eye doctor you need to see. An optometrist will help you decided which glasses fit you best and can provide you with suitable information concerning refractive surgery. Meanwhile, an ophthalmologist would be able to provide you with diagnostic and treatment eye services.
2. Make a list of symptoms which have been bothering you. Notable signs and symptoms include but are not limited to watery eyes, itching/burning feeling, pain, swelling, and the appearance of flashes.
3. Gather necessary medical documents. Take note of the drugs you’re taking as well as its dosages. Also, information associated with previous surgeries should also be included. Lastly, don’t forget about your prescription lenses and insurance cards.
4. Write down the address of the doctor if you are going on a first-time visit. This will minimize the possibility of you arriving late or worse, getting lost. If you have vision problems, you might want to arrange for someone to drive or accompany you at the clinic.
5. If you are taking the kids to their first visit to an ophthalmologist, you might want to take diapers, toys, and other medical supplies associated with their condition during the visit. It is important that you talk to your child about what to expect during the consultation.
Keep in mind that you are the best person who is aware of your needs and wants from your eye doctor hence you are your best advocate. Be proactive with your eye care.
Fillmore Eye Clinic offers a variety of quality ophthalmological services, ranging from surgery to vision therapies for age-related macular degeneration. Call us today for a personal consultation at 1-800-323-4764 or fill out this contact form. We look forward to your visit!