Like all relationships, a good doctor-patient relationship is all about working together to achieve the best possible goal. In this case, that would be optimum eye health. At the Fillmore Eye Clinic, Dr. Parley D. Fillmore and the rest of the team recognizes the importance of communication in building a solid doctor-patient relationship. This Las Cruces ophthalmology center provides state-of-the-art eye care complemented with highly experienced doctors and a warm, comfortable atmosphere.
On your initial visit at the clinic, you need to ask the right questions concerning your disease/disorder, treatment and the tests you need to undergo. Below is a guide to help you communicate better to your eye doctor such as Dr. Fillmore.
About the Diagnostic Tests
- What kind of tests should I have?
- How should I prepare for these tests?
- Do these tests have risks or side effects?
- What results should I expect?
- Will I need further tests?
About the Disorder or Disease
- What is my diagnosis?
- What are the possible causes of the condition?
- Could the condition be treated?
- Do I need to make changes in my lifestyle?
- How will this current condition affect my future health?
- What symptoms should I look for? Should I notify you right away if they occur?
If you still have trouble understanding your doctor’s answers, you might want to try the following:
- Take notes.
- Have a friend or family member to stay with you during the consultation.
- Ask the question again.
- Ask the doctor to provide you with a printed informative material about your condition.
- Ask other members of the doctor’s team such as nurses, laboratory technicians and pharmacists.
Fillmore Eye Clinic offers a variety of quality ophthalmological services, ranging from surgery to vision therapies. Call us today for a personal consultation at 1-800-323-4764 or fill out this contact form. We look forward to your visit!