A blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery, is not for everyone. Dr. Parley Fillmore recommends a Las Cruces eyelid surgery for individuals with severely droopy and puffy eyelids despite a full night’s rest. Read on below to find out if you’re qualified for such eye surgery or not.
- Ideal eyelid surgery candidates often have the following characteristics: puffy upper eyelids, excess skin in the upper eyelids and tired looking eyes.
- Appearance of fine wrinkles in the lower eyelids, often with a “crepe paper” texture.
- One should be 18 years old or older.
- Realistic expectations of the surgery.
- Excellent physical and mental health status.
Apart from the basic criteria mentioned above, Dr. Fillmore will also assess the presence of medical and ophthalmic conditions which could affect the the outcome of the surgery. Conditions such as thyroid problems, hypertension, diabetes and other forms of cardiovascular disease may hinder or delay you from an eyelid surgery. Ophthalmic conditions such as glaucoma and dry eye may also aggravate or complicate after an eyelid surgery thus the need to treat them before scheduling for a blepharoplasty.
Fillmore Eye Clinic offers a variety of quality ophthalmological services, ranging from surgery to vision therapies for age-related macular degeneration. Call us today for a personal consultation at 1-800-323-4764 or fill out this contact form. We look forward to your visit!